TO RAISE AN ADULTJuly 21, 2021
TO PROVE OF YOUR CALLING.July 21, 2021
Staying away from food for a period with a definite intention of spiritual exercise. Without definite intention you reduce it to hunger strike.
- To enhance your crave for spiritual things. It destroys carnality. Matthew 5:6.
- To sharpen spiritual sensitivity
Fasting fastens and fattens spiritually.
- To avert evil and pending dangers. Esther 4:16,17.
- To take away reproach – Joel 2:15-20.
- To accept leadership responsibility – Matthew 9:15-17.
- To experience breakthrough – Isaiah 58:8,9.
It prepares you for change of level – Matthew 9:15-17.
- To generate power for signs and wonders – Isaiah 58:8; Matthew 17:19-21.
- To ward off opposition – Matthew 17:21.
- To boost and fortify faith and prayer effect. Isaiah 58:9; Matthew 17:20,21.
- To obtain guidance – Ezra 8:21.
- To develop spiritual soberness, repentant and humble heart, good conscious.
- For physical fitness – Isaiah 58:8.
Why fasting may not produce results
- Strife and debate – completion – Isaiah 58:4.